Vision for a Sex-Positive Society from Ms. LaVie's School of Loving Arts
LaVie's School provides a variety of offerings designed to promote an environment of healthy, responsible, pleasure-filled
attitudes and behaviors related to sexuality. The purpose of Ms. LaVie's School of Loving Arts is to foster the following
vision of what a sex-positive society/culture could look like.
- People have all the information they need to live happy, intimate, sexual lives.
- Integration of sex-positive values leads to attitudes and conversation that support healthy
sexual beliefs and behaviors.
- People heal from past sexual traumas.
- Everyone feels comfortable expressing love to themselves and the significant
relationships in their lives.
- The environment is one where everyone
feels free to talk to friends, partners and children regarding any sexual topic.
- People experience appropriate levels of healthy shame instead of being consumed by toxic shame.
- People feel free to express themselves in accordance with their desires.
- People feel free to express their sexuality fully without shame.
- Sexual freedom is available for everyone.
- People feel comfortable
expressing sex-positive attitudes that respect the right of all individuals to embody a full and responsive sexuality of their
- Individuals explore their connections to Spirit and how it
relates to sexuality.
- Love is experienced and expressed with conscious
LaVie's School of Loving Arts is taking the following actions to support this vision:
- Providing open, nurturing, non-judgmental learning environments
- Facilitating open, respectful and stimulating dialogue among like-minded
- Supporting individuals to feel good about themselves
- Encouraging intimacy
- Providing safe
spaces for people to explore their values and attitudes toward sexuality
sexual healing and transformation
- Bringing in speakers/consultants
that offer workshops on specific topics
on special events to help foster a community of people interested in building a sex-positive world: dances, workshops, weekend
retreats, ritual events, newsletter and more.